Pittsburgh's Premier Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga H'om's 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is ready to help you achieve your vision of becoming the best yoga teacher you can be. In our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Pittsburgh's West Suburbs, you will develop the skills you need to teach yoga. Our nine-month, one-weekend each month, in-depth study program will give you the skills to teach a variety of yoga styles and share your passion for yoga with students of all levels and abilities. Learn the timeless philosophical principles of yoga and how to live your yoga!
This 200-hour teaching certification course is approved by the Yoga Alliance, the only National Registry of Yoga Teachers.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and experience the art and science of teaching yoga. Take your yoga practice to the next level! Become a knowledgeable, confident and caring yoga teacher. Plan to take part in this fun filled, exciting and rewarding adventure!
Yoga H’om provides a supportive environment to help you become the best yoga teacher you can be.
Choose the right tract for you.
We offer two tracts. Tract A-for those who wish to receive a teaching certificate and become yoga teachers in which all requirements must be fulfilled. Tract B-for those wishing to further their personal knowledge of yoga by participating in as much or as little of the training as you wish.
What happens after completing this training?
Your teaching certificate will open doors for you to teach in numerous and varied venues. Graduates of our Teacher Training program are teaching yoga in yoga studios, fitness and recreation centers, corporations, colleges and universities. Several of our graduates are now owners of yoga studios! They are all spreading the traditional teachings of yoga to the general population. In an effort to improve their teaching skills and knowledge, our graduates are encouraged to continue to study with their personal teachers and top teachers throughout the country.
Schedule and Times:
Saturdays 8:00-5:00 and Sundays 9:00-5:00. Very rarely a Friday evenings may be scheduled
2018 Training Dates:
A new training will begin in September One weekend /month
Tentative weekend dates will be posted soon:
Call or email Patti more information.
- Attend a minimum of 8 classes per month at Yoga H’om (September through April) . Under special circumstances, classes at other studios must be approved and must be documented. Most classes should be with Maggie, Terri or Patti.
- Have a personal asana/meditation practice of at least 5 hours per week
- Observe 3 yoga classes at Yoga H'om
- Assist 3 yoga classes at Yoga H'om
- Teach 2 yoga classes at Yoga H'om
- Observe and evaluate at least 8 outside classes (different teachers/studios) during the training
- Additional research/independent study as assigned
- Minimum one year of consistent asana practice with a qualified teacher
- Asana practice (average of 5 hours per week)
- Pranayama and meditation practice
Please note, this teacher training is designed to teach you how to safely and effectively teach asana classes to the general public. It is not designed to teach you how to perform basic asana. However, in the process, you will refine your own personal asana practice.
Curriculum includes but not limited to:
- An in-depth study of asana and pranayama
- Benefits and contraindications of asana
- Teaching of and adjustments of postures
- Effective sequencing of asana
- Hands on assisting to benefit students
- Sanskrit names of postures
- Teaching of children, seniors, and restorative yoga
- Exploration of multiple styles of yoga
- Effective language and communication
- Creative themes for classes
- The application of anatomical principles and how it applies to teaching yoga
- Modifications of yoga asana to address injuries and physical limitations
- Access to an online complete anatomy course specifically designed for the 200 hr program Phoenix Direct Management
Philosophy of Yoga, Lifestyles and Ethics of a yoga teacher
- Sutra study and living your yoga
- Chakra study
- Ethics of a yoga teachers
- Lots of opportunities to practice teaching!
- Observing asana in action
- Assisting students in asana classes
- Student teaching
Fees and payment:
Tract A, Teaching Certificate:
- $2,500 includes deposit. (all Yoga H'OM classes for the duration of the trainng are free)
- Save $100 if registered and the deposit paid by 8/1/18.
- Non-refundable deposit of $100.00 will be accepted with your completed application.
- Balance of $2400.00 to be paid prior to the beginning of the training or you may pay in monthly installments of $300.00 per month September -April
- Register early to reserve your space. Applications are due August 15, 2018.
- For application and information please email Patti.
Tract B, Non-teaching Certificate:
If you are looking to deepen your practice but have no desire to teach, you can attend any or all of the training and not complete the teaching assignments. Please discuss this option with Patti